A completely new Android-application was released by volate!lo
Download link from Google Play
This is a whole new level of control your DJI Ryze Tello.
System requirements :
- Android 5.0 and up
- Bluetooth (for required for Flypad & amp; Gamesir controllers).
TelloFPV pplication was tested by the author on Samsung S4 (stock Android 5), Samsung S4 mini Lineageos Android 8.1, Nexus 7 (stock Android 6.0), Lenovo Tab4 8Plus (stock Android 7.1), Galaxy Tab A6 (stock Android 6).
TelloFPV User Interface.
- The best telemetry: display pitch and roll, speed, distance, height
- Separate display battery percentages for the drone, controller and phone, wifi quality in dB.
- Total flight time
- A green Home icon always indicates the direction you took off. Turn around until this marker is at the center of the screen, and then just fly forward to get Tello home – (or just use the RTH autopilot, see below).
TelloFPV Basic Features.
- Most of the functions available in the standard application have been implemented: a low battery warning threshold, an altitude limit of up to 30 m, a tilt angle. Tello’s “Circle”, “360” and “Up and Out” flight modes.
- Confirmations for takeoff can be turned off.
- Drone Arming: Move the Stick to the bottom right / bottom left position and Tello to start the engines without taking off.
- The entire configuration can be changed in flight.
Custom controllers configuration in TelloFPV.
- The size of the screen sticks is adjustable.
- The screen stick can be configured to disappear when not in use (if the external controller is configured and connected).
- External controllers: currently supports Gamesir T1d and Parrot Flypad. Support for connecting gamepads via USB.
- Changing configuration for sticks: assign any axis of the any stick to any axis of the drone, the ability to swap the sticks.
- Full reassignment of buttons and controls.
- Active connection monitoring of an externally connected controller. If a connection problem occurs, the program automatically tries to re-connect without waiting for the 30 second Bluetooth timeout.
TelloFPV Speed Modes.
Two speed modes: Sport and Video (with manual settings).
Radio Control Settings.
Separate settings settings (Expo, Rate, Dead zone). Each of these parameters is configured separately for sports mode and video mode. Switching from sport mode to video mode is very simple. This allows you to quickly send a quadcopter to its destination, then quickly switch to a smooth video mode and take great pictures. The program has some pre-settings for this mode.
FPV Trainer / Master-Student.
Do you want to teach your child to fly quadcopter without worrying about the consequences, even sending Tello beyond the line of sight? This was one of the main reasons for creating the TelloFPV application.
- The TelloFPV application can work with two controllers at the same time! You can transfer Tello control to your student and allow him to fly safely, while you can take control at any time to avoid problems. Whenever you move the handles of your main controller, the controller of your “student” is ignored. Approximately 2 seconds after the sticks of the main controller return to the neutral position, the student controller will become active again.
- The screen has a Panic button that instantly stops Tello. The drone hangs in place until the panic button is released. Very handy in case your student suddenly tello to an obstacle.
- The function of the two controllers works for all types of control: a screen joystick for Master and an external controller for a Student, or vice versa. One external controller for the student and the other external for the Master. It can be two Flypads, or two Gamesirs, or a mix.
Flight log file.
The ability to record a log file with information about your flights (number of flights, total flight time, distance from take-off point, distance traveled, battery usage, etc.).
TelloFPV Photo and Video Features.
- Video files are saved to MP4 on the fly. During recording, you can adjust the bitrate, as well as IFrames. In the case of missing packets, the video will contain jitter artifacts instead of black / lost frames.
- A photo-mode shows the progress of downloading photos in percentage, a timeout is set for uploading a photo (protection from a bad signal), the EV / Exposure settings can be configured on the controller buttons for rapid changes in flight.
Tello FPV Autopilot Option.
Autopilot can fully control DJI Tello, or only assist in driving. Currently, there are three types of autopilot modes: RTH (Automatic Return to Home), Circle POI (Automatic Circle Around a Point), POI Lock (Semi-Automatic Circle Around a Point).
AP RTH: Autopilot – Return to Home for your Tello.
Tello turns in the direction of the start, goes to a custom height and flies home at a pre-adjustable speed. Accuracy depends on many flight parameters (flight speed, wind speed, altitude, and so on).
AP Circle POI: Auto Circle around a point.
You must lead the quadcopter to the place and put it “face” to the selected point (for example, a statue or a tree). Launch Circle POI autopilot, it asks you for the distance to the selected object, speed and direction of movement. The quadcopter will start moving around the object until it makes a full circle or you stop it manually. In the process you can adjust the height.
AP POI Lock: Semi-automatic circle around point.
This autopilot mode is similar to the previous one, but allows you to make more interesting types of video around a selected point. You also fix the direction to the selected object, but Tello does not make a full circle – instead, you begin to control the drone as you want – and it keeps the direction to the point you have chosen! You can move left, right, down, up – move the drone closer or farther from the object.
PS. You can read more here: link.